Duties and Responsibilities:
- To implement plan actions from risks and opportunities assessment.
- To promote safety and health awareness and conduct induction.
- To implement and monitor safety and health program at work sites.
- To monitor and control subcontractor’s safety and health practices.
- To enforce the use of personal protective equipment, and continuously improve safety and health practices at workplace.
- To enforce the provision of fire fighting equipment and first aid kits at workplace.
- To attend to, investigate and report any safety and health emergency, accidents, near miss accidents, incidents, dangerous occurrence, occupational poisoning or diseases at the workplace.
- To conduct safety and health inspection and internal audits.
- To collect, analyze and maintain statistics on accidents, dangerous occurrence, occupational poisoning or diseases at the workplace.
- To assist the department heads, Project Managers, personnel and workers on day-to-day implementation of the QESH management system.
- To undertake any and all other duties and responsibilities as so instructed by the superior.
- Degree / Diploma in Civil Engineering, Building, Science or other related discipline.
- A registered safety & health officer with DOSH.
- Minimum 2 years working experience in construction environment with at least 1 year in a similar capacity.
- Knowledge in legal requirements, safety and health practices.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Computer literate and familiar with MS Office.